unauthorized biography of being jamie

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Back to my hometown - Day 1

Woke up around seven in the morning with such an excitement knowing very well that I’ll be off flying back to my hometown within three hours…woohoo! In fact I have been browsing thru the net for the KL Transit fare just in case I decided to take a longer trip up to KLIA. A longer trip it is but the fare get cheaper though (it’s cheaper by one third). Strange but I heard they said that the government wanted the locals to navigate the suburb (with the like of Putrajaya the so-called Hi-Tech City but more like a dead town to me) more frequently while they are on their way ‘fleeing’ the city. Well alas I decided to take the longer trip instead because I like doing something that I’ve never done before and whether I ended up somewhere else but KLIA…errg that’s not for me to worry of right now…gulp.

Half an hour later, I found myself waiting at the Putrajaya station joined by two other couples. Don’t even know them and don’t wish to know. But what gets my attention was the way the girls speak. They pretty alright but the way they interact with each other was so made-up. I mean they trying so hard to sound like someone from the movies or something – foolish. Heck no, they not my girlfriends…

Hmmm..exactly 28 minutes when the KLIA was in sight, not bad. Should be taking the KL Transit from now onward. Blab la bla…reach the Kuching Airport at one and was waiting for my family to fetch me instead of those two girls. Hmmm…there they are! Oh wait why did they simply passed me by? So I quicken my footstep toward them from behind and gave a light tap to my bro. when they saw me, my brother laugh like he’s seen some funny features on me. Ok let me guess…must be my hair huh? He said “hey bro, last time when I got the long hair, you said that I looked like one of those junkies…but now look at you…” followed by a louder crack…

******

went for an evening mass at St. Joseph Cathedral with my siblings and I just couldn’t help myself but to compare this church with the one in KL, this one obviously outclassed St. John Cathedral in lot of aspects. From its building structure, the ambience, the church devotees and that choir group. There’s one moment between the readings when one of the choir girls step up to the front and started to sing the hymn with such an extraordinary voice…I was there listening to her beautiful voice and at the same time keep telling myself that this one church is simply ten times better than the rest of the churches that I have ever been to…damn!

******

Brought my family for dinner at one of the top steamboat restaurant in Kuching. And ehemm the bill was on me. Anyway, a Carlsberg promoter approached our table and when she was close enough to the table, I was in awe to see her in that sexy skimpy Carlsberg dress and she’s definitely one gorgeous lass! I mean if she’s been staying in KL all along, she would definitely be one of the top model…and that the least she can expect of…waaa. So I err ordered four big bottles from her and err still didn’t get drunk…wonder why.

Six months ago when I left, Kuching seems to be such a stale place to live but since my arrival this afternoon, it is so appealing if not better than KL…but I’m soon gonna miss Kuching coz six days down the road, I’ll be in KL again…sigh…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home