unauthorized biography of being jamie

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What’s there for us, Software Engineers?

As I was on my out of the station, a familiar face was walking up the stairs.
It must be my old housemate back in the uni years. So I grabbed him by the arm and exclaim "Peter...err Alex! Is it you?" (Hell yeah...what a way to stop someone who might not be the person I’ve expected to and second-guess their names too). Still surprised of me being a bit physical, it took him a few seconds to recognize me and finally said "...hey! …Ooh!…hey!" Haha…Looks like I wasn’t the only one who forgotten the name...phew...

Anyway we had a brief chat as we were in the morning rush still, but managed to know that he's now working with a firm in KLCC and yup...doing what he loves best - Microsoft .NET programmer...whoa! Cool! Well compare that to what I’m working on - the ancient lingo - COBOL. What a blatant difference it is for both of us. Both well scrutinized to be the ever-versatile Software Engineer and so here we are working on different platform.

Me working on old lingo for a international bank and him perhaps doing some robust software development right about now for his firm don’t know what...but like they say "all well ends well..." or something like that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home