unauthorized biography of being jamie

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

mini bar anyone?

We had this monthly meeting with the company CEO, a bit uneasy about it though. There were around twenty of us all as we were seated around the meeting table. When he walked in, it appeared that his presence alone has driven the meeting into silence. As he was seated he wasted no time and said something to my ‘surprised’ (yeah like I never see it coming).

He was asking us for some feedbacks on our current progress as the newly converted staff of the company. So he started off by asking us one by one. Well some did give quite a thoughtful suggestion. More on career and personal development stuffs like that. Well I couldn’t think of any coz my mind was somewhere else, oblivious of what’s going on in that room. To be honest, I’ve a few funny ideas which I guess might not even come close to fit to what we were discussing at that time.
I was a bit hesitated to suggest them to him but as time was running out he said something out, “Any other suggestion? Whatever been discussed right now, it’s FREE…”(the rest I just couldn’t remember coz I was stuck at that very word – FREE!). Right after he finished his words,
I raised my hand and was about to say them out when he said “Yes!…King?…you’re the King this year so whatever u want to say…blar blar..”. Oh great, looks like I would be known to him as “The King” to him as long as he might…sigh… and the whole room were laughing with him…
“I’ve noticed that there is one ASTRO decoder in the R&R room, so perhaps if you could attend to it so we’re able to watch the programs again…” before I could even finished what I have to say, the room filled with laughter yet again… without any hesitation he approved it…whoa?!
Oh great…should ask for another one…quick! Quick! I told myself “Ah one more thing” “Yes King” “…blar blar…We want to be able to check our personal mailbox as in Yahoo and err YM…” and yup that was approved too… haha…this is fantastic!!! They were laughing and at the same quite amused of my “foolish” requests and Chiang who was seating beside the CEO, was gesturing “You’re the Man!!!” to me…the rest were seen talking to each other – happy face haha…

Ok here goes…by the end of the meeting, we are going to get a pool table, three more sets of dartboards and what else…I think I forgot liao…With everything that is coming, the R&R room might turns into a mini bar. So next time I’m OT you should know where I’ll be -football matches (and err maybe Desperate Housewives) on Astro! Pool! Dart games! LOL! (the only thing that’s missing – beer :-(

2 Comments:

At 3:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hey!! haha... your office people must love you man! Congratulations...

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger aisoh said...

:p for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home