unauthorized biography of being jamie

Sunday, August 21, 2005

just let it go Deb...

I was there at the food stall quite early coz maybe I was a bit anxious waiting for the clash of the titans between Chelsea and Arse-anal to start. And was joined by Ady and Marina a few minutes later right before the kick-off. That’s when I received a call from Debbie. Ah common…at this time? I thought to myself as I picked it up and walk away from the food stall for a more conducive place for conversation.

While she was talking to me on the phone, my mind still much lingering around the pitch at the Stamford Bridge Stadium, wondering what have I missed until I sensed that she was on the brink of a breakdown.

“What’s the matter?” I asked her.
“Oh man, I was so angry of my ex…”
“Why? Common, just tell me what’s been bothering you?”
“I just couldn’t understand why he would lie to me after all this time I was with him… I mean…I cried so many nights and was slowly suffering just because I can’t stop thinking of him and yet…why men act that way?”
...and so that’s when she started to cry… oh no please don’t cry…no no…I thought to myself as I knew I can’t stand it when a girl started to cry…
“Debbie, could you just don’t…”
I noticed how much my voice taken aback over this as I desperately try to regain myself and clearing my throat to finish my sentence
“…cry…”.
Follow by a moment of silent from both sides.

I realized that missing the match wouldn’t be that matter anyway coz right now I know where my priority is – Debbie. I just couldn’t leave her alone in sorrow…I got to…need to console her… why? It just that she doesn’t deserved this from the man that she thought love her too… oh Debbie, if you have listen to what I said months ago of not being too attached to your feeling…you were too blind to see it coming and now? It’s all shattered down and what’s left is your broken heart… and really I felt so sorry for her.

As things got more and more emotional, I realized that I need to bring her back to reality and so I snapped at her

“You’re a fool Debbie! …you don’t learn anything from this and that’s just what you are…”
I noticed how she gradually regained herself as I continued
“You are one beautiful girl, I see that in you everytime I was with you okay? Yeah that’s exactly what I see in you. Doesn’t matter why he didn’t see that in you. I guess he was too ego to see it…It’s just not worth it for you to cry over him like this... you got to get over this…I know it’s hard but I promise you that you just gonna be fine…you hear me?”
She didn’t react to that…
”Debbie…listen to me…I promise you that everything gonna be fine…just trust me k?
As she fighting back her tears, she finally replied “…….okay…”

Before we ends that conversation, we managed a few light chuckle and how it made me missing being around her… it’s been months now that I haven’t seen her… one day Debbie one day… you deserve someone better… it’s time for you to think for your own sake… and be happy…

Now as I return to my seat watching the match, my mind still affixed to her and slowly it began to remind me of my past relationship….sigh…it’s just my fault (yeah me a man with the past). Don’t feel like talking about it though…coz what she is going through just kinda enough for me today…

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger hC said...

now i know why u said the song lyrics by james blunt fits well into the situation just at the right time...i feel ya..

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger aisoh said...

so very... 'macho'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home