unauthorized biography of being jamie

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Where’s the judge? Oh? It’s me eh?

So this is the day… huh? I thought to myself as the Final Round of our Inaugural Dart Competition was about to start in a few more hours to come. I keep telling myself not to screw things up and be composed about it. Just be cool orikay Jamie?

******

It’s 4pm, the teams, fellow colleagues and few adorable chicks too – they’re all here eh? So? It’s show time. You know what make me nervous? Stepping up front alone and facing those faces who were keen enough to wait for what I was about to say next. Heck! I better get this thing over with as there’s no time to get any sentimental of being ‘scare’ of doing some public speaking thingy here. As it’s time to decide which of the 6 teams gonna go first… with a deep breath in I let my very first words out of my mouth…

“Okay, I want all the girls from each team…to step forward. Thank you…” hey! That’s went quite smooth eh? Respectfully commanding tone of my voice? Hmm…took me by surprised too…phew…“You are to throw one dart each and whoever gets the highest mark will have their team goes last…ok?...blar blar blar…and so that’s how the game was started. I was handling myself quite well back there…phew…

Anyway, as I was monitoring each of the games, I could still feel the blood came rushing thru my cheeks as it felt warmer and warmer as the time went by. Didn’t know why but I think I was blushing there. Gosh hope nobody noticed me in that color. With all of the crowds’ expectation and attention that went back and forth between me - the judge and the contestants, I think I slowly felt less and less awkward about myself standing there with a pen on my left hand marking down each scores…

The bottom line is that I enjoyed being there, not as one of the contestants but someone who may seems insignificant to some – a judge… You know, there’s too many things going on in my mind at that time and I’m afraid that I wont be able to describe it in words here, it might ends up close of being infinite but one thing for sure, I did well and I’m proud of myself coz I think I know what I’ve achieved today... and how I wish…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home