unauthorized biography of being jamie

Friday, July 01, 2005

she didn't make it...

Of all the weekdays, Friday is the day I’ve been looking forward to. Either it ended up all well and thrilling or gloomy and mind numbing instead. Today was the day I have invited Mag to come along for lunch. I wanted it to be a simple arrangement. Initially I have asked Chiang and Daniel to come along. But as we were making our way out of the office, Nel said that she would love to join us as well. I guess that’s quite okay for her to join us. Well few moments later, I came to realize that the number wont stay at four any longer since more and more of my colleagues decided to have lunch at Amcorp Mall with us as well. Heck why not, the more the merrier right? Looks like I have to introduce her to my colleagues afterall I thought. But if I can remember it correctly, the last time we went all out for lunch together as a group, she wasn’t there. And I can’t explain why but I could sense that this time around, the same thing will happen again. Will she show up? Guess I have to wait and see…

******


As Daniel and I were waiting for her at the mall, it’s already 20 minutes to one. What been holding her up? I even called her office only to find out that she was not in the office…yet. Suddenly my phone rang and it’s her!
“Jamie, sorry I can’t make it today since I’m still in my college…”
“Oh really? It’s ok then…” with me struggling to keep my voice cool.

So I guess I was right, she wont be able make it and I was quite certain that I was to spend the rest of my Friday feeling gloomy. But wait! That was not the only reason that I was there. I mean I’ve promised Daniel that I would treat him for lunch since I’ve been promoted while his was contract was unfortunately extended for another few months. And today was the day. But he read me well when he still noticed that I was still feeling disappointed.
“it’s ok Jamie, I’m still here ma…” he said jokingly.

Well with that I managed myself to smile. So off we went to a Korean Restaurant. The place was packed as usual when we help ourselves to our table. Before heading back to the office, we had just about enough time to play one round of pool. Haha…I’ve beaten you man…well of course it seemed to me that he intentionally played lousily so to make me feel the glory. Really ah?

[more later...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home