unauthorized biography of being jamie

Friday, June 17, 2005

my future is decided today...

Today was the day when we were to meet Mrs. Liza, a correspondent from the HR department. She would brief us on our future in the company. From the way she was saying it, there would be only two outcomes – either it’s a 6-month extension of contract or being converted to permanent position. Where I, like most of my colleagues, hoping for the latter instead. The meeting was scheduled to be held by 10a.m. I never really welcomed such a timing since today was the day I was running the Taiwan batch in its 5th cycle without the presence of my mentor - Jess. Feeling a bit anxious the whole day. But missing the meeting was a bad idea nevertheless.

As we were told during the meeting, we were to expect the letter which would decide our fate from our corresponding Senior Manager. Some of my colleagues have got theirs while some of us still left waiting in despair. I have to admit that I hate the waiting game. It makes me losing my focus on things that I am supposed to do. Desperation, fear blabla you name it.

About 5:30pm, still haven’t got mine. What am I gonna do till then without knowing my future in the company. I need to know NOW. Fully aware that it’ll drive into total madness just by thinking about it. Ah no, that’s not the right word. Speculating is.

It was 7 minutes before 6pm when someone stood by my cubicle, with her holding several envelopes. Could it be it? As she was about to present that fateful letter she said convincingly “This letter is regarding your contract and I would like to welcome you aboard.” I was so thrilled when I heard that very words. What a day…a very good day indeed!

Today my day end with a bang! …finally…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home