unauthorized biography of being jamie

Monday, June 27, 2005

no stressball...no problem

Ah…time was almost 7pm, still didn’t feel like leaving the office. Could see that some of my colleagues started to leave one by one. Not far from my cubicle, Tang was seen with a toy gun in his hand. Must be some squirting gun. I might soon need one so that I can blow out the mainframe server wherever it might reside, because most of the time it was always congested with submitted jobs that it would normally slow down the whole process of running my batch. Damn!. Don’t they have any patch or cheat codes or something. Thirty minutes later, the execution time started to pick up the pace. And by 8pm, I finally finished all the required jobs. Phew that was a torturing experience.

******

It’s been weeks now that I’ve been longing to buy myself a dartboard. People I know normally have stress ball on their desk, but are u kidding me?! Where’s the fun in that? (well some people do…I guess). The act of throwing something against something whenever I’m in angst is like getting rid of that negative vibe (or whatever they supposed to call that) from my stressful mind could do just fine.

Once in my room, as I was taking off my dress before I headed on to the washroom for a shower, I suddenly felt the urge to try out my new dartboard. And so there I was, only with my boxer left on, throwing these darts one after another when Milo walked into my room thru the gap between the door openings. It came in with a funny look on its face. Was it because it never saw a grown up adult playing dart semi naked or it simply never saw that dartboard before. Never can tell the difference. Could careless of what you think kitty, coz I just got myself a new dartboard woo hoo… . Now just can’t wait to hang it by my cubicle.

3 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

my suggestion has always been a punching bag! +You could have mugshots of everyone in the office .. plus maybe some actors/politicians mugshots to go with, so you can put them on the bag and fire away. If that does not release stress.. take a holiday!

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger jamie said...

well Adriana...i like ur blog even better...it's kinda refreshing to spend sumtimes reading ur posting;

tht's a great idea Tanm, let me see whether i hv ur mugshots or not...

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger aisoh said...

take off your 'dress'? lol...
30/6/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home