unauthorized biography of being jamie

Monday, June 13, 2005

the day i barricade myself in my cubicle

ady and marina would start their one-week leave as of today and how I wish I could afford such a luxury – taking my days off as well. But at present, it would be too impossible for me to be away from my work. Not that I can’t but I just love doing these new tasks, I mean running the batch jobs is extremely soothing as it’s one of the way to propel my empty mind from wandering off thinking of things that wouldn’t matter anyway.

******

today was the day I present myself with my new look, new hairstyle to be exact. You see when I saw myself in the mirror last Saturday, I didn’t really like what I saw. I never thought that I would ever come to the office with this new hairdo. as much as I have expected last night, most of my colleagues were left dumbfounded with my new hairdo. You know how it felt when people around you trying hard to figure out the reason why I did what I did to my hair. Ah…none of it really matter to me coz sooner or later, they could use to some adjustment at the way they look at me…time will tells…I thought to myself hopefully. The feeling was horrendous…funny eh?

since I didn’t want to ‘traumatized’ my colleagues, I guess I would be better off if I minimized my movement that needs me to walk away from my cubicle. Need to barricade myself i thought to myself. Perhaps today was the most low-profile I’ve ever been in the office. Something I did laugh at the whole situation. What a day…sigh

******

came home finally. As usual, Milo would run to the sliding door as if she knew that I’m back. Walk straight up to my room, exhausted by the whole thing that happen in the office. I didn’t even gave an effort to chat with Nicole knowing very well of my ‘condition’. When I didn’t feel good about myself (my appearance to be precise), I tend to shun myself away from people. Today was not quite an inspiring day at all. lying on my unmade bed, only for that cute kitten jumping enthusiastically onto me, hoping that I would play with it and massage it belly as usual. Not today kitty...I thought but it kept being persistent that it even tried to find its way thru my bed sheet as I cover my face with it (hoping that it knows that I was not in the mood). Whenever she does this, with it nose finally sniffing about my face, it just make me forgot the uneventful day that I had back in the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home