unauthorized biography of being jamie

Sunday, June 26, 2005

ah...it's Sunday again

Decided to go to the office to check on some mails just in case there was sumthing from Carmen, the lady from the Hong Kong team. She might had sent something about starting the 7th cycle batch job. Just as I was about to step on the bus steps, my phone was ringing and it’s my dad. He asked me to accompany my mom to KLIA who happened to be with another colleague of her. Looks like I have to postpone my trip back to the office today. And perhaps I could miss the Church session this evening. Quite likely.

It 4:17pm, and I’m finally back on my own. Went to check for ticket back to the city when a lady behind the counter said that the earliest coach to leave for the city was for another 2 hours. What a luck! I was going to miss my mass. As I was stepping away from the counter disappointed of course, someone was hissing on me. What was that for?! So I approached them only to find out that they could drive me back to city without buying that damn ticket from the counter. At RM15 from them instead? Heck why not! When the deal was sealed, I went to a spot where they would pick me up with that very same couch. As I was walking toward that spot under the bridge, I could see my own reflection from the mirrors installed at every entrance. I swear to God, I looked awfully stupendous with my drink on my right hand and freshly lighted cigarette on my left. Unfortunately that very reflection that I saw of myself won’t be emulated anytime soon when girls are everywhere to be impressed. That is the idea isn’t it?

*****
Once in the office, the first thing that I did was to check on my inbox. Guess I was right, she did sent an email stating that I could start running the batch jobs. Wasted no time, instead of starting the cycle tomorrow morning, I bet I would be better off if I start it now. By 9:53pm, I almost finished up the whole jobs. At 75% percent done for a two-day process, not bad.

Time to leave the cubicle. So I looked around and nobody was there except me! Can’t believe I’ve been working in that office alone. All these creepy stories that my colleagues told me start to tease on my nerve. Being the last one to leave the office mean that I have to switch off these lights whether I liked it or not. When I did so, I was left alone in total darkness. I managed to take a last glimpse of the place which was filled with hundreds of deserted cubicles in each phase. At this moment, better not having any stupid thought I mumbled. Was that funny? I think so! Coz nothing happened. But what if…?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home