unauthorized biography of being jamie

Monday, May 23, 2005

what if...?

Hooh haaahh…today’s public holiday and I supposed that nobody’s going to work but too bad the better of me relentless overwhelmed me to spent my day at the office. Maybe it’s a smart thing to do because I know myself very well that I would be restless the whole day if I didn’t do anything to finish my work, something trivial of course.

Off I go in my casual dress hoping that nobody significant to me would be there to see me in this outfit. Of course I look good in that but not my best. The first fifteen minutes was okay, just I have expected until I heard someone was walking toward my cubicle. Only to realize that it was Nicole – that cute girl sitting not far from my place and err…she’s with someone. Someone much older than her…ahhh I see that’s her mother. And I can sense that something might happen sooner or later. I mean that she would walked toward my cubicle and strike a conversation, which she simply did just as I’ve anticipated. I as usual would stumble and stuttered my tongue, talked nonsense in my effort to keep myself own excitement well hidden. That was so hard to do when my eyes keep affixed to hers. Not even dare to miss a glimpse of her adorable face. Now I can tell that she’s indeed a friendly colleague of mine. I was quite stiff with my expression but managed to ask her what brought her here to the office and found out she was in the middle of shopping spree with her mother when ET called her up to come to sort things out regarding the Cocteau Migration I guess.

******

It’s twenty minutes to 6pm and I think I better take a break. To the R&R room I went and sat there watching some TV program I don’t know what. And to be frank, I still have no clue why I keep sitting there unruffled by things that I watch maybe it wont be obvious that I was gazing beyond the room thinking serenely about nothing. I never knew that I could even find peace by doing just that. A moment later, a familiar voice brought me back to reality. I turned around and dumbfounded when I realized that it was her – Nicole. Now standing comfortably near me she asked ‘You still here?’ I just don’t know what to say to her because she was suddenly standing there unexpectedly but manage to get some way to make myself look relaxed. And there’s one time when we talked about cooking recipe and she cracked at my light jokes seem to enlighten me a bit.

The conversation which I initially thought to be a hi-bye seem to last a little bit longer. I have to admit that between our topics, there were a few moment of silence. Silence not because that we were running out of things to say but a moment that we intense locked into each other eyes. Of course I never have the intention to misinterpret her of being here talking to me other than being friendly person she is. It just that I keep wondering of the way she looked at me which seems possible to last longer without having a word been spoken. That was when I tempted to ask her questions which deem to be more than just plain questions – something much more personal. But I’ve calculated my risks and I think it’s just gonna make me look like I’m rushing into things. That was definitely a no no…so restraining myself from asking one or few was a good idea. Having to spend some decent time talking to her that evening was good enough for me.

Now if I have decided to ask her these personal questions…where will it take me? That my friends was another typical incident of ‘What if…?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home