unauthorized biography of being jamie

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Carcosa Sri Negara where?!

Have to stay at the office till 7pm until I decided to call it a day. Since Marina was attending her company function at the Carcosa Sri Negara, we drove all the way there to pick her up. To be frank, Ady and I wouldn’t be able to reach that place if it wasn’t for a city map by the roadside. Of course we were given a hand-drawn map that was supposed to guide us all the way there but it’s useless. What kind of person draws a map which apparently lacking of all the important landmark along the highway which for some of us might be useful? Spent about an hour to get there and by the time we reach the place, I was astonished, not knowing what this place is or who’s staying there. Is it a hotel or just one majestic residence on top of a hill with such a breathtaking view over KL city.

We waited for her just outside the residence when the urge for me to go for a pee drove me nuts. ‘Where the heck is the washroom?!’ Took me about few minutes roaming around the residence perimeter until I decided to gatecrash the party ‘cause I could sense that the washroom should be in the residence somewhere…it has to. The moment I entered the residence I was amazed with the Victorian interior that I totally forgot my intention to break the washroom door once I found it. And not only that, as I walked myself down the hallway, I met this guy playing the piano. The guy’s face look very familiar. Where have I seen him before but I think it must be from some musical program on the TV.

Half an hour later, we found ourselves spending the evening mingling with Marina’s colleagues with me being half sedated with beer warming up my empty stomach. Under that given condition, I usually have the tendency to get drunk a lot easier. So all the while that I was having the conversation with them, I think I was desperately trying to make myself standing straight by clinging on a table next to me. Gosh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home