unauthorized biography of being jamie

Friday, May 27, 2005

my Good Friday

Today… how should I described, it was almost as good as it get. Why?

Jess Goo, one of my project team members was guiding me through this batch run to test one of our team’s pet projects for Taiwan. Since it running in it first cycle, as Catherine had told me weeks ago, lots and lots of problem would arise. It’s common scenario for someone we called ‘The Batch Runner, who are to be in charge of the development and testing process. Now since Tang (our team leader), Catherine and Jess had played their part in guiding me, I feel that I was feel more comfortable to have those two ladies to guide me instead. Still I didn’t mean to say that Tangwasn’t any good of a mentor but don’t know why but I do feel a bit intimidated by him. Despite the tight schedule and the hectic workload, I still managed to peek at the time on my desktop knowing very well that I would be off to Amcorp Mall anytime soon to have lunch with Magdeline. She if she never realized this, can easily make my day by just being there for lunch on Friday.

******

I was sitting there reading my new book when I turned my head and saw Mag walking toward me. She never failed to give her ever-charming smile. Wearing orange stripe colored body-hugging dress (obviously I’m not that good in naming a girl dress). And it has this v-shape neck-design with the lowest end stop between her cleavages. Sexy is the word. I must admit that I can’t recall my face expression at that moment. I mean was I smiling or just looking at her approaching me? Can’t believe that she cause me a blip in my memories but a good one nevertheless.

This time she decided the place to eat which was somewhere at the top floor. Honestly all this while I never knew that the mall do have fast food outlet like McD, Kenny Rogers and even Cineplex. Ah no, we didn’t go to any of them but to a small café which was the better version of Willie Café back in Kuching, serving some Chinese cuisines. A small café but quite packed with people and surprising among them, we bumped into my colleagues - Joey, Neo and another guy I don’t know what’s the name was again but I called him the pretty boy because he has this feminine feature looking face. I didn’t really expect them to be there as well. What a small world and the mall is indeed smaller. What am I blabbing about here. Say hi to them especially Joey. It’s kind of awkward for a moment. I remembered having this hi-bye chat with them but nothing can seem to make it less comedic than a few more words between Joey and me.

“erg Hi…” I said.
“Hi!” she replied.
I wanted to say something else to her when suddenly
“Hi…” I said to her again…
“Hi…” this time with a grinned on her face.

Magdeline seem a bit reluctant for us to have lunch there. Didn’t know why but I guess she was under the impression that I was to invite her to join those three. Wasn’t she’s the one who suggested that we had lunch there? Anyway I convinced her to have it here and we managed to find some seating inside the café (yup we didn’t join my colleagues). I don’t really mind coz I actually wanted to have lunch with her – alone. She was sitting opposite me and we ordered some foods and have some chats in between when after some time I realized that she looked a bit weary and tired. “Are you okay?” I asked. She said that she didn’t get enough sleep last night. Now I felt bad when I heard this because it was my idea to ask her to join me for lunch and yet she still made the effort to come along. Take that moment away, the rest was just excellent. And there was one time when I kept looking at her adorable face and those bewitching brown eyes without saying a word. How can I refuse that chance? Luckily for me that she didn’t smile while she was looking at me at that very moment, because if she did, she could have driven off me the roof.

I know it’s a bit exaggerating but the feeling that I felt was true. In my life only a few could make me feel the way I felt at that instant and that’s Rebecca. My grandest and truest love and errgh my ex-girlfriend. The reason why I left her remains a mystery even to me. just admit it Jamie, you left her because you were afraid of commitment . Well perhaps still am….

Fifteen minutes after 1pm, we decided to take a few puff of cigarettes and chat some more when the thought of me to say something to her keep playing in my mind. If it has been spontaneous, I would have said it out but…

******
Back in the office, I thought that’s when the fun end and I was wrong. Today we had this Loyalty Week where the staffs were encouraged to bring along their family members be it their wife/husband, children and so on, so that they have the chance to see their father/mother, sons/daughter at work. Sound more like a Family Day to me. Some free foods and drinks were served and most of us have to queue up and not only that we happened to have a few self appointed photographer for the event. Among them was one from our own clan (the third batch GTs) – Seng Chai. So I didn’t waste any moment to appear in every photo shoot as much as possible. I think I was snapped almost a dozens times and it was fun alright. These photos of me I must say was as silly as it can get. When Seng Chai showed some of them to my other colleagues, chains of laughter erupted so much for their delight. At least it has made their day.

Come to think of, she definitely made my day and me on the other hand doing the same deed to my colleagues. Now everybody having a good time…why shouldn’t I? Because starting next week, I’m definitely going to be quite busy playing my part preparing for the upcoming SIT (System Integration Test) for Taiwan. Phew!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oi Jamie! Is this Gurdave's ex Magdeline?

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger jamie said...

ai yai yai!!!...it mine...the one in my friendster...should go and check out her photos instead...

hey buddy long time didn't hear from u...
apa macam? gila macam?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home