unauthorized biography of being jamie

Monday, May 02, 2005

Holy Sunday?

Dad called me last night and of all the things that he said, sounded like he’s quite concern for my lack of commitment in attending the weekly Sunday Mass. So as I woke up this morning, I thought to myself what is to happen to me when I’m fully aware that I’m lacking in faith and principles in my life…and who wouldn’t be anxious if knowing that they just turn 27 but still feel that they’re not ready for adulthood…I guess that’s where the ‘inside every man, there is a child who wants to play’ phrase comes in handy for me…The funny thing is that it took me quite some time to convince myself to go to church hoping that I may get the spiritual redemption in return.

Walking toward the St. John Cathedral, I keep reminding myself of my last visit to this very same church for an evening mass…I think it was about a few years back…the church was quite crowded, I stood outside during the mass session. But this time, I came a bit earlier so that I would be able to sit preferably up front row. Few minutes after settling in the front row seat, I felt contempt for not doing anything more but sitting. So I took out the Dan Brown book and began to read it meticulously. I think by doing just that, I could sense the irony cause the book that I was reading has the reputation of condemning the Roman Catholic Church for it well hidden centuries-old dark secret. Anyway, a book is still nonetheless a book (but reading it while I was in the church? That’s another thing)…coz what matter most is that I was there for the first time since the last Christmas mass.

I have fulfilled my spiritual needs…indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home