unauthorized biography of being jamie

Sunday, May 29, 2005

church...choirs...and Nicole

Woke up quite late today and it was raining. Hopefully it stops in few more hours so that I could make it for the mass session. Since my last birthday, I said to myself that I mustn’t miss any more masses. And that’s a promise I made to myself.

Finally there and as usual I would glance at the first few rows to find suitable seating. As I made my way to the front, from the tail of my eyes, I could see some heads turned watching me strolling down the aisle and of course some of the girls too. This I barely mind since I was like them a few years back in my teen, going to church on solely different purpose, to check out some hot chicks walking past us while pretending to be devout churchgoer. Ah…sweet memories. Check the time and I have about twenty more minutes to spare. So instead of sitting there doing nothing, I took out my Curious Incident novel and started to read it while in the background I could hear the choirs practicing some songs. What a ‘peaceful’ place to read a book.

It was time for the Holy Communion where we would move to the pathway in between the seating, leading up to the Grand Altar, forming queue as we were waiting for our turn to receive ours. Since the church has this architectural design which has the sides spanning like wings from west to east leaving itself with just about enough space to accommodate a junction-like seating, the parishioner would assist those who are seated at the front rows to the middle of the pathway. The same goes with the choir group that was seated at the front left row. Now as this group making their way to the pathway, someone just caught my eyes – a pretty face among the crowd. How come I never noticed her all this while? Was she the new choirgirl or something? Now that was quite a ‘distraction’ to the extent that I didn’t kneel down when I was supposed to. I think it’s okay since the mass was about to end anyway. Now forgive me Lord.

******

It’s 8:03pm. Went to the office, Nicole and Fanny were there. And so was Kong but entirely on a different mission. His? Feeding the marine fishes and them working on some projects. Nicole looks different today. She had her hair done differently. And yes we managed to joke around a bit. She has been staying back late for the past couple of days now. I wonder whether that’s what an Analyst Programmer does when there is a new project coming up. I mean like last Monday (Wesak’s Day) she was called up back to the office by ET to have something sorted out while she was at some shopping mall spending some quality time with her mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home