unauthorized biography of being jamie

Saturday, December 24, 2005

My soon to be Sister-in-law, X’mas Eve and X’mas presents!!!

Aha…today’s one of those most anticipated days right? Well…Janine, my bro fiancé was due to come anytime soon after such a long and tiring flight all the way from Newark Airport…whoa! (18 hours of flight and imagine that!!!). My parents and Andrison went to pick her up from the airport. You know it’s such a thrilling feeling that we were finally going to meet brother’s fiancé ...tick tick tick…

Almost noon and yup they finally back! I just didn’t know what or how to greet her that at a point I might have just do the lamest thing by simply say “Welcome to Malaysia!!!...” huh? Anyway as Andrison was introducing each of the family members, I just kept silence (and keep thinking of an idea tht never really came) but when it was my turn, she turned my way and when she was about to give me the warmest American hug, suddenly my hand stick out instead – both ended up shaking hand…oh man! I think that’s kinda awkward and odd thing to happen to err me...what an impression i made...sigh (somebody...anybody...hand me a gun so i can shoot at the neighbor's dog) haha…but anyhow she’s kinda lovely and sweet that I really think both of them are perfectly match … like what they always say over here ‘Like Penang fruit split in two’…hmmm that doesn’t sound rite eh? Well anyway what the heck…

*******

We were there at St Joseph Cathedral about half an hour earlier before the mass even started (at 11pm). And yet the church compounds were filled with them devotees…look like we’ll be standing outside the church anyhow – no matter what…sigh…


* the crowded church interior while we were outside standing instead


Met a few of my friends from the old-skoool of course (with their hubby and kids too) and surprisingly, Jac, the chic tht I hv a ******* ****** ********, and with err her sis? Or friends? Too bad we didn’t manage to strike any conversation but only with a typical friendly gesture from tht distance (for safety reason who knows)…I still find it funny though… :-)…
the grand altar and its aerial view
Anyway, I took a few step back as I tried to get the better view of my family praying together after such a long time… whoa…I was so grateful and glad u know… X’mas eve with all the loved ones around you…

*******


* the chapel at the south wing...
Back in the house, in the living room, err by the X’mas tree, it’s time for X’mas presents…woohoo! Well most of the gifts were from Andrison and Janine… well everyone got their present except for me and Moses…no bad feeling though because technically it was our fault in the first place since we were unable to make up our mind when my brother and fiancé were asking us what we want few weeks ago…BUT they said they will get us nonetheless…phew… and to make it even, me too didn’t have anything for them just as YET…hehe…

Ehemm…to top it all, Andrison got a little surprise for his beloved fiance (as we’re all waiting in silence) – a diamond ring yo!!! Janine was so touch that she had to wipe the tears from her eyes…and so they hug and kiss each other…wahhh..so romantic ya…mmm what a happy couple!...and and and…I still x have my present…hehe…

Man! how I love X’mas!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jamie,

Thanks for all the nice things you have written about us. So how is everything in KL??? I bet it is hot, sunny, maybe some rain. I miss Malaysia already, espcially Kuching. Right now it's 730pm in Philly, it's dark, windy and very cold. I'm glad that you enjoyed Christmas also, your bro and I had a lot of fun too. Hopefully we will be back for Gaiwai and you'll have more nice things to write about us Hee hee. take care, we miss you.
j9

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger jamie said...

well sure do...and all the 'roti kosong' you guys can have over here...oh ya not to mention the Durian...yummy...Gawai? ooh great...we'll c u guys around then...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home