unauthorized biography of being jamie

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

here comes Jamie 'King' - the b-day 'promoter'! oh what?

lunctime. i was talking to Chiang when KK, Kah Wei and Andy came to join us and they decided to go for lunch somewhere outside so invited us to come along as well. Since i didn't have the luxury to spend the time outside the office even for lunch, (Chiang was not able to join them as well due to workload) i have to ask Andy to tapao some for food for me. and that was the moment when i heard Kah Wei mumbling something. "Fuck you all..." and he moved away from us. i mean what's his problem? as far as i can remember, we didn't think that we were talking to him. When i heard this, i just lose my cool and said "Say that again, i'll whack your face!!!". for a moment there was silence in my head... and it just not me...(i dunno where i got the attitude). Kah Wei heard that well and probably so stunned that all he could do was to force a smile on his face, and walked away. just dont know what coz me to say those words to him...

******

a colleague of mine - Nava was having her birthday today so I decided to broadcast the news to the rest of our colleagues, in the hope of giving her a surprised birthday bash. I even let them called me Jamie King ‘The birthday Promoter’ (this Don King guy who for some is a manipulative but successful boxing bout promoter).

The plan was simple. Get her to the pantry where all 16 of us would be waiting there in silence, and by the time she stepped into the room, wahlaaa….but everything seemed to contradict my plan. I just found out that her team was to have a meeting at the Pahang Room between 4pm to who knows when would it ends. Between that duration of time, we seemed to be spamming each other with the plan B.

Anyway it’s was about time for most of us to leave the office and still Nava was nowhere to be seen. Honestly as the mastermind behind this birthday bash, I never thought that I would need a Plan B. now it’s seven minutes past 6p.m. where is she? I thought to myself oh wait!!! Isn’t that Nava?..oh ya it is!!! It just so happen that their meeting has just ended. Relief. At first we thought of going to the pantry and celebrated it there but since everyone was too eager either to have a bite of the cake or simply can’t wait any longer to go home, a spontaneous thought just came to me which was to bring the cake to her cubicle instead and the rest of us would follow from behind and as we approaching her cubicle, we would sing the birthday song. So I ask Chiang and Nel to get the cake while I checked on her plus by asking KK to delay her a bit from moving away from her cubicle.

I do have to admit that since today was her birthday and nobody seems to bother to wish her or anything, I did notice that she looked a bit gloomy. Anyway as Chiang was on his way with the cake, I think it would be better if the rest of us stayed out of her sight until the cake was almost at her cubicle. Now since the office is divided into multiple phases, going from one phase to another required one to use one of the two entrances which are on either side of the building. Since at that moment we were all gathering at Phase One while she was at her cubicle packing her stuff in Phase Two. The chance was that she wouldn’t know what we have in stored for her. So the final touch was to light the candles, and before I could even finish lighting up the last candle, I could sensed that she was behind me and when I turned around, there she was standing there looking very surprised and that gloomy face that she have the whole was gone. And yup few candid photos were taken by our unofficial photographer – Seng Chai.

Just by seeing this, I realized that masterminding the event really paid off after all even though I was packed with things to do. (Still later that day, have to stay back in the office till 9pm.)

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

U know, you can use a Hello client to load pics on your blogspot blog. ITs like a chatting software, where you load up a photo from your hard drive, enter a comment, and then click publish... done. www.hello.com

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger jamie said...

well..i hv tried tht...but back in the office...i couldn't 'coz they have this proxy server...ip will be blocked out...so i wont be able to ogin thru Hello...tought luck i guess...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home