unauthorized biography of being jamie

Friday, December 10, 2004

met a japanese guy...whoa!!!

striking a conversation with a perfect stranger was never kinda my traits until one late evening when i was waiting for my train back to cheras from bukit jalil. what urged me to approach him was the way he dressed himself up and the untypical look he wore on his face...my instinct strongly dismissed my doubt tht this person in his 50s is no way a local malaysian. so a find a closest spot i could get to be able to comfortably passed my friendly gesture (btw it's only the two of us and even when a hot and lanky chinese girl almost in semi nude didn't even distracted me from pursuing my end. so i said in a very cheesy and tacky manner "going anywhere sir?" and bingo!!! by the way he verbally nod his head and his hands gesture acknowledge me tht he is someone from the land of the Rising Sun...whoa it's hard to believe tht i finally be able to converse one-to-one with a person from Japan!!!

from the things tht he said, he's a lecturing profesor from some Japan university Integrated Communication. so we learned about our cultural differences and to some extend he did amazed me with his body languages...so to speak. i mean whenever he tried to bring his point across and the way he cracked at my jokes...and i even managed to ask him of some japanese language...like "konichiwa" which simply means hello and yup i kinda forgot the rest of them. it was a thrilling experience for me in the sense tht i was able to deliver my opinions (and even jokes) to a guy of different generation and culture.

what i did learned today is tht you never lose anything if only you entertain your curiosity and be able to break the habit of being self-centred? tht's just great for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home