unauthorized biography of being jamie

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

my breaking point ?

today can't wait to go to work for knowing tht i'll be meeting our newly transfered supervisor from sg. wang outlet - Hasliza. the first impression of her was like hmm she's what her sister is not...i mean she's a bit fair and got the figure and the first conversation tht we had was when she asked me quite an odd question like "who's the more senior fountain guy (bartender) in this outlet?" and so forth...i mean common lar...why cant it turned out to be a typical introduction phase so we could work with each other comfortably knowing ech other ability and working style right? tht's forgiveable i guess...

oh ya...today's the Earthquake Day*!!!! even before i started my shift, i come to realise tht we didn't seem to have enough staff to handle the crowd which was unfortunately expected...the trouble start to haunt me around 7pm when dozens of customer keep coming in non-stop and u know what...each of these desert-crazed customer ordered exactly the items tht i wish never should have been order during my shift tht night - Earthquake! Regular and Giant Size alike...how was i supposed to deliver those deserts on time...yup talking 'bout coping with pressure..phew...and there's a few times when i almost lost my nerve and sense when i began to throw stuff here and there...hoping tht some of those people around me to realise the tensed moment i was in...but not to the point of making te antic looked tht obvious...

around 9pm, one obviously unsatisfied middle-age Indian customer approached me asking why their Earthquake haven't reached their table like forever...and to my surprise i calmly brushed down the tensed situation by replying to him with such a soft but stern voice of mine by assuring him tht i would deliver his order within 5 minutes...and of top of tht i even subconsciously trying to show my uneasiness by showing this guy seven or more order chit which i havent got the time to do...haha this guy to my delight kept silence and i noticed he kinda wore this surprised and dumbfounded look on his face :-)...man i tell you...it's the most pleasant moment tht i cant shed off for the rest of the night...wow...you go Jamie!!!

after tht incident (well i did noticed them standing a distance behind me watching the whole incident rather quitely for awhile), Candy the chef from the kitchen and even my manager came to me to offer some help...whoa man i was touched by their gesture...really!!!

now it's 11pm...whoa i thought it was an hour earlier...i guess when you are too tied up to things tht you do, time just flew by...i'm fully relief tht all of those busy moments were finally done...i must say today i did learned the extend of my breaking point and i guess i should keep it as a lesson...a priceless one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home